Objectified response: My Love Recliner

 After watching Gary Hustwit's documentary, I decided to create a sofa based off of designer Hella Jongerius's concept of giving individual character and quirk to something produced industrially. I decided to not limit myself with a concept I found little inspiration in (since I do not actually need to worry about selling this thing) but I did also consider simplification and de-cluttering certain elements. The headrest is adjustable and it would theoretically be made of dyed leather and wood. I fully understand this sofa is not to the tastes of the general public, however in my mind that makes it more special to the portion of people who would find it's retro tackiness endearing, and therefore makes it more valuable than a regular sofa in the right situation.





Comments