Mesh Mashup: Concept generation

 Remix culture is somewhat inherent in almost all artworks in my opinion. While intentional remix artwork is usually easy to spot and define there is an element of subconscious remixing in all art creation. I am referring to influence, borrowed concepts, tropes, reoccurring symbols, etc. Intentionally remixed elements can be thoughtful as well as arbitrary in my opinion, which can be observed in some of my creations where I chose to let instinct guide some of my decisions. 



Fossil fuels. 

Bed bug! Pretty self explanatory.
Alternative to the bed bug.
Cheese with tentacles. I liked the way the tentacles looked coming out of the cheese holes. Loosely based on a debate a friend and I were having about cream cheese in sushi. Personally I dislike the combination of cheese and seafood and this mashup comically emphasizes that.
Monster cake. In this alternative the cake is the monsters body instead of the tentacles coming from inside the food item. 
I watched the Last Of Us premiere this week on HBO which gave me an idea for a human/plant hybrid. Contrary to the show's plot he is just peacefully sitting in his chair, which realistically is what a plant man would do in my opinion.
House hippo. Based off the 1999 Concerened Children's Advertisers commercial. Instead of a tiny hippo inside a house it is a tiny house on top of a hippo.



Hippo blimp. I got the idea for this one while working with the hippo model and thought it was cute. The hippo is naturally shaped like a blimp so it fits well.
Based off the concept of a world turtle but with more barren looking trees based on the hippo's natural environment.


Crazy tentacled monster that lives in music festival toilets.




https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3019386

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Objectified response: My Love Recliner